Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Evaluation

In ‘The Guardian’, I liked how Nicholas Sparks wrote the story overall. I liked how he showed readers what characters were thinking, but not too much as to give away the plot line. During the climax of the story, and the rising action, the author had suspense throughout, and kept you interested in the book. I however did know what was going to happen, but Nicholas has such a way with words that he makes you want to keep reading, ‘The Guardian’ is a real page turner.

Compared to other books I have read by other authors, such as Cornelia Funke, or Stephanie Meyer, they almost are equal to Sparks’ ability to write. However, other books that I have read, written by Nicholas Sparks, have been – in my opinion – better than ‘The Guardian’. I read ‘The Wedding’: the sequel to ‘The Notebook’, and liked it much better than ‘The Guardian’. But I did really enjoy reading this book, and intend on reading more of his books.

No comments:

Post a Comment